Whether you host your own event or volunteer to style the hair or make-up for a local fashion show, there’s almost no better way to attract clients into your Salon! Events allow you to showcase your work and should be a staple in your Marketing Plan, even if you only do 1 or 2 a year, it’s a great way to:
- Bring visibility to who you are (As a Salon and as an individual Artist) and what you do
- Make a personal connection with the organizers, guests, etc.
- It works even if you’re shy, because much of it is behind the scenes
- People get to see what you do up close, they don’t have to wonder about your quality or style
- Your models can be great advertising, just talking about their experience with their friends
- Usually there is a Printed Program and your credits can hang around long after the event
- Try to see if you can be listed in the promotional material leading up to the event, i.e. ‘Hair by…’ for added exposure
- Once your name is in print it’s great to let your existing clients know
- You can also publicize your participation to your local press
I’m sure there are lots of events going on in your town that you might be able to participate with and you can always organize your own event. What about a ‘Spring Trend Release’ for Hair and/or Make-up? If there’s still cold weather and snow where you live, your clients (and potential clients) will love a reminder that warmer days on are on the way.
If you’ll be at the International Beauty Show in New York (IBS-NY) next month, join me and we’ll cover the fundamentals of Marketing and you’ll spend time, during the Workshop, creating your very own 12 month Marketing Plan! Spaces are limited and you must register in advance, so reserve your space today! (Your registration for the Workshop includes a day ticket to the Hair Show (a $79 value)!
Keep reaching the Stars,
Salon Growth Coach
P.S. Let me know how your event turns out!